To import or export data (such as products, orders, options, etc.), go to Administration → Import data or Administration → Export data respectively.
For convenience, the import and export pages split the data into types (see the menu on the right):
Subscribers—mailing list subscribers;
Every data type may include several tabs. Each tab includes two areas:
- The upper area contains the list of fields that the imported CSV file can include. Mandatory fields are highlighted.
- The lower area contains the import settings. These settings may vary depending on the type of the imported data.
The content of an exported CSV file is determined by two list boxes:
- Exported fields—the fields that will be included in the exported CSV file as separate columns.
- Available fields—the fields that won’t appear in the exported CSV file, unless you add them to the list of exported fields
To move fields from one list to another, use the twin horizontal arrows between the lists. To change the order of fields in the Exported fields list, use the twin vertical arrows below the list box. The highlighted fields on the Exported fields list are mandatory and thus cannot be removed from the list.
This is the list of all export settings. Some of them appear only in specific subsections.
Language—the languages that will be exported to the CSV file.
Category delimiter—the delimiter that will separate parent and child categories in the category path in the exported CSV file.
Feature variants delimiter—the delimiter that will separate the feature variants in the exported CSV file.
Images directory—the path to the directory where the exported product images will be located.
Files directory—the path to the directory where the exported product files will be located.
Price decimal separator—the symbol that will separate the integer part from the fractional part in product prices in the exported CSV file.
CSV delimiter—the symbol that will separate columns in the exported CSV file.
Output—the result of the export:
- Direct download—you’ll be offered to download the CSV file.
- Screen—the CSV file will be opened in your browser.
- Server—the CSV file will be saved on the server where your CS-Cart/Multi-Vendor is installed.
Filename—the name that the exported CSV file will get.